Are we “all in”? Are we available? We are encouraged by the scripture to speak boldly, reason and persuade daily about the things of the kingdom of God.
We are encouraged to be bold for Jesus. To be bold means to love courageously, speak fearlessly and to have courage.
“When we find a man meditating on the words of God, my friends, that man is full of boldness and is successful.” Dwight L. Moody
- vs. 8 “preached boldly”- In Acts 28:23, we see that Paul “morning and evening explained and declared to them the kingdom of God and tried to convince them about Jesus.”
- vs. 9 “held daily discussions- Paul reasoned and persuaded his listeners daily in the lecture hall at the school. The halls were used in the morning for teaching philosophy, but in the hot part of the day, many people did not work then, so they would come to hear Paul’s teaching.
- Reference scripture- Proverbs 8:34
- vs. 19 “ask God to give me the right words so I can boldly explain God’s mysterious plan”
- vs. 20 “pray that I will keep on speaking boldly for him, as I should.”
- vs. 29 “O Lord hear their threats , and give us, your servants, great boldness in preaching your word.”
- vs. 30 “Stretch out your hand with,
- Healing power- God is healer, Jeremiah 30:17
- Miraculous signs and wonders, Deuteronomy 10:21
- Be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus, Acts 3:16
- vs. 31 “After this prayer, the meeting place shook,
- They were all filled with the Holy Spirit- Acts 1:5
- Then they preached the word of God with boldness- Acts 1:8
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline.
How do you love courageously the people around you?
Where is your place that you speak daily the things of God?
Do you personally meditate on the word daily so you are filled with the words of God and ready to speak into another’s life if the opportunity arises?
What daily opportunities or open doors are in your life right now to be the mouthpiece of God?
Lord, we ask for your Spirit to fill us with a courageous kind of love to reach this world. May we have open eyes to see the opportunities before us each day. May we choose that open door into someone’s life rather than our own desires and wants.
Father, may our day start with time in your word. May fear of failure or insecurity be far from us. You have equipped us and empowered us with your Spirit to love boldly. Send us out into this world and give us opportunities to serve others.